Let's connect the dots in healthcare.
Working with allied health providers is critical to providing a holistic experience for our customers and patients. DrugSmart is dedicated to facilitating innovative, efficient, and convenient integration of health and wellness services.
DrugSmart’s roots in brick and mortar pharmacies enable us to provide reliable and consistent access to pharmacists and pharmacy services for both patients and providers. This sets us apart from the hands-off mail order pharmacy approach.
Key features for providers
- Open 7 days a week. Our Virtual Pharmacy operates out of a brick and mortar pharmacy located in Toronto, Ontario with pharmacists on staff and available by phone and email 7 days a week.
- Flexible and convenient communication policies. We accept prescriptions via fax, phone, or secure email during COVID-19 (due to the exception), and will collaborate on e-prescribing EMR integration options and prescribing templates.
- NAPRA-compliant, full-service compounding pharmacy. Compounding pharmacists are committed to finding the medication that works. We will work with you on needs specific to your patients, and develop compounding prescribing templates for ease of use.
- The same comprehensive services as brick and mortar pharmacies. Existing retail locations enable us to service all needs for our patients including the delivery of controlled substances, direct billing to public and private plans, and a robust e-commerce catalog.
- Fast and free prescription delivery. We offer free 1-3 business day delivery anywhere in Canada and same day delivery in the GTA, Kingston, and London areas. We are working towards offering same day delivery in every major Canadian urban centre.
- Virtual medication counselling. Patients can at anytime book a phone or video chat with one of our pharmacists. We are working diligently to ensure the pharmacist-patient relationship is not reduced in quality due to the introduction of virtual care. Pharmacists are known as the most accessible healthcare provider in Canada, and we're striving to make that even more true.
The hybrid pharmacy model (online + in person) that we've pioneered positions us to offer exceptional value for traditional and virtual clinics in the areas of innovation, efficiency, convenience, and overall patient care.
How it works
Our goal is to provide a convenient and seamless experience for both the patient and the prescribing practitioner, ultimately resulting in better health outcomes. When a patient feels empowered about their health instead of intimidated about the complexity of our health care system, they are more confident and proactive in their health-related decisions.
We offer in-person service at all of our retail pharmacies, and online counselling and free medication delivery across Canada. Here's how the delivery model works:
We are in the process of growing our network to establish national same day delivery coverage in every major Canadian city. Even as is, our delivery times and rates (free!) are unrivalled in the industry. Click here for a map of the national DrugSmart Network of Pharmacies.
DrugSmart has a wide variety of services to support both providers and patients:
- Compounding. Pharmaceutical compounding allows flexibility to customize treatments for clinical conditions and cosmetic needs according to the patient’s unique set of conditions, intolerances and concerns. DrugSmart is a full-service, NAPRA-compliant compounding pharmacy. Learn more about prescribing compounds.
- COVID-19 Testing. We offer on-site COVID-19 serology IgM/IgG antibody and COVID-19 PCR tests for travellers, individuals, and corporations in the GTA. We also have the Abbott Panbio™ Antigen Rapid Test available for purchase in store and online that can be delivered anywhere in Canada.
- Order Personal Protective Equipment online. We have a selection of PPE to serve the needs of your clinic or practice. Delivery is free across Canada. For bulk prices, please contact us.
- Virtual dermatology. Powered by DermCafé, a completely virtual (online) dermatology clinic. All OHIP/UHIP visits are conducted via secure audio/video phone call and diagnoses made via securely submitted photos. Click here for the Online Patient Referral Form.
- Virtual travel health consults and on-site vaccines. Staying healthy while you're on your trip means being aware of all risks, including food & water safety, local emergency protocols, current state of civil unrest, and much more. When it comes to vaccines, it's important to seek out trained and experienced travel health prescribers that use up-to-date, premium clinical tools. Powered by Travel Health Now.
See our full suite of patient-facing services in the Health Hub.
Sending prescriptions & OTCs to DrugSmart
We can receive prescriptions in a variety of secure ways. If your patient has a preference of which DrugSmart they use, you can find the contact information for all DrugSmart locations here. For free prescription delivery anywhere in Canada, you can always send the prescriptions to Virtual Pharmacy:
- Secure email: email@example.com
- Phone: +1-833-377-2428 (377-2428)
- Fax: +1-833-MY-DSP-RX (693-7779)
We can work with you on customizing a prescription template for your practice to help create efficiencies. Based on your area of specialty and your patients' needs, we can include your commonly prescribed compounds and commercial products and even pre-load your clinic information. Download a sample prescription template
Adding OTCs to a prescription
Practitioners can add OTC items to prescriptions to be filled by the pharmacy. We will take payment for the OTC item when we contact the patient and ship it along with their prescription. Simply add the item(s) to the email or faxed prescription, and we'll take care of the rest. Alternatively, the patient can place the order themselves on our store.
What should the patient expect?
We are constantly making enhancements to our platform to ensure our customers are aware of their order or prescription every step of the way. When you send a prescription to us, the patient can expect to hear from us within 60 minutes during our open hours. From that point on, their experience will be as follows:
- Order notifications and status tracking. Customers will receive confirmation emails or texts (based on their preference) as well as order tracking updates.
- Follow-ups to ensure pickup of medications. For pick-up orders, customers will be notified when their order is ready for pickup at the pharmacy. Pickup reminders will be sent on a recurring basis until the order has been picked up.
- Online shopping and prescription refill requests. Customers can order OTC products and prescription refills online. They can also order OTCs and request they be shipped along with a prescription order if the prescription is coming directly from their provider. Prescription transfers are quick and convenient as well and can be done entirely online.
Get in touch
Send us a message to get started or if you have any questions. We're here to help!